Monday 11 December 2006

An Inflatable Accident

A couple weeks ago I went to Disney Lantern Funtasy along with my family. As the sun sets, the lamps were turned on and shining brightly in form of Disney cartoon characters. There were also other games such as flying fox and inflatable slides that were so huge – you could jump around in it. It was very adventurously tempting so I decided to give it a try, although the slides, even it was inflatable, bouncy, and soft-safe looking, it was really tall – and I meant it, because eventually I was about to know that the slides is eight meters tall. I went to the ticket queue and paid twenty-five thousand rupiahs for five sliding turns.

First slide, all right. Second slide – oops, I slide a little too early and excited, and at the end of the slide, some of my right toes was bended. When I landed, my toes hit the surface of the inflatable slides. What I thought to be fine was eventually changed to painful and rather green toes. But I've still had three slide turns so I kept on playing. Again, I lined up to the slides, climb the slides’ stairs, and slide down. The third slide ended in a safe landing. I was rather anxious for the fourth slide, so when I slide and I thought that it was quite fast, I tried to hold the sliding with my ankle. Unfortunately, when I landed back, I found out that I tore my sock at the ankle part – because we had to wear socks before we play in the inflatable slides – and my skin was horribly exfoliated, so I decided to quit playing and went home.

I couldn't walk properly for a week. My friends asked me what happened to my foot and I told them that I've got an accident. Maybe they thought that I’ve been hit by a vehicle or something, so they found it really childish and funny when I told them that I had an accident while playing slides.

No comments:

Post a Comment